Thursday, July 22, 2010

No Lies; Just Love



A few days after being the road to recovery Kate asked to get a new tatoo; something to remind her of the path now chosen. I hesitated at first basically because she wanted them on her wrists and I bring this up to her. “they are permanent”; “what if you work somewhere that tattoos aren’t allowed to shown”, etc. Finally, I get it. It’s part of the healing for her. They are small enough to be hidden by a long sleeved top or watch and bracelets. It’s nicely done.




Then she asked me to design a tatoo for her recovery. She wanted something to put on her leg, something with sparrows and cherry blossoms. I like tattoos; but once again, they are pretty permanent. But is it important for recovery. Seems to be for Kate. I design a groups of cherry blossom branches with blooms and buds and some sparrows flying amongst. It is “new beginnings”. I am an artist so liked rendering the design and it is a good looking tatoo! I am toying with the idea of a tatoo. There is some interesting body art out there, certainly. I like the artistic brightly colored ones. So who knows, maybe I will do one! It can be a s ymbol of success; the beginning of the recovery road; a reminder to not go back down a specific dark, painful path of the past…if it works and helps…perfect.



The next blog entry is going back several years to what I believe was the onset of addiction. Kate’s entries will be her own and her entries may not be the same time frame. She needs to write what’s on her mind at the time she sits down at the keyboard. She has started journaling her bio and will share on the blog…when it’s time.

No comments:

Post a Comment